Talk

Advanced search

Pull out larder for Ikea kitchen?

(8 Posts)
inneedofaliein Mon 30-Jan-17 09:51:34

We're looking for a new kitchen for an extension starting in March. Have been to wren, Wickes, magnet, Howdens and Ikea.

The Ikea kitchen has the door I most like ( Bodbyn grey) for the look I am looking for.

However- having done the rounds of other showrooms we would love the 300mm pull out larder cupboard but Ikea don't do them.

Has anyone got experience of buying a unit from elsewhere and trying to put an Ikea door onto it? We are paying our builder to install so should have a joiner if adjustments are needed.. just wondering if this would work?

Thanks!

Newtssuitcase Mon 30-Jan-17 09:55:27

we have ikea doors on our existing utility room cabinets. The ikea doors are slightly larger than the cabinets but that doesn't matter (clearly it would if the cabinets were larger than the doors). Saved us thousands.

magicstar1 Mon 30-Jan-17 09:59:52

Ikea don't do 300mm doors, so you might have some trouble there. We just put drawers in a high cupboard and the amount they hold is amazing.

Newtssuitcase Mon 30-Jan-17 11:08:34

drawers are definitely better than a larder cabinet.

All of my base units are now drawers.

NotMeNoNo Mon 30-Jan-17 14:26:11

this (and variations) is basically Ikea's equivalent to a pull out larder, it's only 400 wide and you can probably get more weight in the separate drawers than one great big frame hanging off a couple of screws.

inneedofaliein Mon 30-Jan-17 16:07:59

Thanks all for replying..

We've currently got a large larder cupboard built into the space to the side of a chimney breast and I suppose I am looking to house what's in here.

Do you guys keep cereals etc in drawers? I couldn't see any that would accommodate the height..?

NotMeNoNo Mon 30-Jan-17 16:20:14

Cereals are one of the few things better on shelves IMO, they are big and lightweight so easy to lift down.
On the cupboards with inner drawers, the runners can be fitted at any position so you can adjust the "height" between drawers.

lolalotta Tue 22-May-18 05:53:24

Following

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: