Talk

Advanced search

planning permission submitted today - everything crossed!

(7 Posts)
SmellTheGlove Mon 30-Jan-17 07:50:39

Putting our loft plans in today - need planning permission to raise the ridge height by 40cm. It's a joint application with our neighbour and there has been a precedent on the road so I think our chances are good....but I also know that the planning dept can be rather unpredictable...

321zerobaby Mon 30-Jan-17 07:52:19

Fingers crossed for you. I put in plans and should hear by Feb 8th, it's an anxious wait.

JT05 Mon 30-Jan-17 08:32:20

Go on line to your LA's planning portal. That way you can track it and see any objections, so you know what you're up against if it goes to a Planning Commitee.

321zerobaby Mon 30-Jan-17 17:53:29

@JT05, I've just checked my planning application, and can't find anywhere to view any objections online.

HiDBandSIL Mon 30-Jan-17 18:06:20

Good luck smell. I wish we could have raised our roof but we're stuck lowering the ceilings instead.

JT05 Mon 30-Jan-17 19:09:25

Usually there's a PDF file to click on named something like documents, written reports or correspondence under the basic information. Your submitted plans will also be in this format.
It could be too early to view anything. The planners will send out letters to neighbours alerting them to your plans.

I hope it all works out for you.

Kilby37 Fri 10-Feb-17 12:34:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now