Talk

Advanced search

Magnet kitchen

(6 Posts)
shalalala Sun 29-Jan-17 22:33:46

We are thinking of getting the classic cream shaker kitchen from Magnet. Any reviews, thoughts or recommendations please?

scaryteacher Sun 29-Jan-17 23:04:00

Got mine about 15 years ago. It has survived me, and three sets of tenants, and still looks good. The advantages are that you can repaint the doors (haven't had to as yet), and the carcases are fairly solid.

I move back to my house in 2019, and won't be looking to replace the kitchen if it is still OK.

Stuffedshirt Sun 29-Jan-17 23:08:39

Got it and love it. You get a 10 year guarantee as well. The cream never dates and we get loads of compliments.

Trethew Mon 30-Jan-17 00:33:57

Don't know about the Shaker kitchen in particular, but I bought a Magnet kitchen in their sale last April. Their quote was just over half the Howdens figure for comparable units and appliances. It's been absolutely fine. Delivery, ordering etc was easy and efficient. Kitchen looks good, appliances work. Satisfied.

wowfudge Mon 30-Jan-17 06:48:55

Magnet quoted for our kitchen. Even with an alleged discount of 70% on the units, it was an astronomical quote. We are buying a solid wood painted kitchen from DIY Kitchens instead. And saving £10k in the process.

Needmoresleep Mon 30-Jan-17 08:10:34

I was very pleased with a Magnetic kitchen. However I went into the shop three times before talking to an experienced designer who I trusted. It was a small space and he had good ideas. First plans were very expensive but he accepted my preference for a budget range with good grace, and it came out at half the cost. He also understood the local (central London - flash kitchens that are never used!) market and gave sound advice on quality/price. The kitchen is now on its third set of tenants and looks fine. Which I expect it to do for a good while to come.

I think the quality and experience of the designer, and their ability to listen and understand, is all important. There will be hiccups along the way, and having a helpful contact makes a lot of difference.

My builder likes Magnetic and IKEA for the quality of their carcasses. Next time I will ask him about DIY, though the last kitchen I tried to design myself has a number of small irritations which, with a bit of advice, I could have avoided.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now