loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ikea kitchen bins....

(5 Posts)
jojosapphire Sat 28-Jan-17 12:56:35

Hi,

We are concidering an ikea kitchen and like their pull out bins :
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/kitchen-organisers-shelves/variera-utrusta-waste-sorting-for-cabinet-spr-69017606/

Anyone know if i have some in a 600mm unit (no sink) weather i can fit 2 sets in (1 on top the other)? Or would the top drawer have to be shallower?
Cant seam to find out internal sizes of their kitchen pan drawers...

Thanks

Jo

PigletJohn Sat 28-Jan-17 13:10:14

for some reason Ikea have chosen not to show the dimensions of the product, but I expect it will be too big to fit two, It appears to fit inside a 600mm wide unit.

Not clear, but if the total rubbish capacity is 49 litres, that is pretty big

Looking at the comparable Hafele product, you can see their dimensions
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oeko-Liner-56-Litre-Pull-Out-Kitchen-Waste-Bin-for-600mm-Unit-SOFT-CLOSE-/181341123213?hash=item2a38c5f28d:g:WSsAAOxyVLNS7mi7

jojosapphire Sat 28-Jan-17 14:49:34

Thank you.. I have 1 of the bins here and its approx 40cm tall but without visiting ikea i cant figure out the depth of their drawers...

PigletJohn Sat 28-Jan-17 15:00:04

look for a photo of a cabinet.

Cabs are usually about 850mm high, with a 150mm plinth. So you have 700mm or so for the door. If there are two equal drawer fronts they will be about 350mm (I foot 2 inch) high each, and the inside space smaller.

The inside will be about 660mm tall inside, due to thickness of the carcase

If Ikea have a smaller plinth, the cabinet may be bigger inside.

jojosapphire Sat 28-Jan-17 15:21:06

Ahh just managed to find this cabinet which seams to be their deepest drawer so assuming thats what it fits...
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/kitchen-cabinets/metod-maximera-base-cab-f-hob-2-fronts-2-drawers-white-voxtorp-white-spr-69130669/

The drawer fronts are 40cm high.... Going to have to take a trip to ikea soon and have a play. But must avoid buying stuff untill the extention is done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now