Talk

Advanced search

Selling with tenants- anyone ever managed it ?

(6 Posts)
Newbrummie Sat 28-Jan-17 12:54:59

Had a viewing yesterday and there was dog shit all over the patio - didn't know they had a dog.

specialsubject Sat 28-Jan-17 18:14:29

ah. A separate issue, then....

Meanwhile unless you are selling to another landlord, you will really struggle to sell it with tenants still there. Why? Because sales to people who want to live in it are subject to vacant possession, and you can't guarantee that until they have actually gone. Giving notice doesn't mean they will leave.

and of course they don't have to allow viewings, or clean up for them.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 28-Jan-17 18:17:45

I was a tenant when the house was being sold. It sold. I had been very accommodating, then the letting agents tried to screw me on the deposit. I was very bitter after all the effort I had gone to to keep the house spotless for viewings and talking to prospective buyers.

Newbrummie Sat 28-Jan-17 18:20:51

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers That's not good, not planning to screw anybody though

GrubbyWindows Sat 28-Jan-17 21:02:32

I've been a tenant in a house for sale and it sucks. All the pain and none of the gain.
A friend was in the same situation, as the tenant, and the flat sold well (the agent loved her, apparently she presented the house better than most owner occupiers!). It was sad but amicable, the landlord halved her rent, and gave her notice as soon as they had accepted an offer.

EastCoastDamsel Sat 28-Jan-17 21:49:30

New thread I see...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now