Talk

Advanced search

Fired earth factory shop - worth a long trip?

(7 Posts)
mysteryfairy Sat 28-Jan-17 08:17:34

Can anyone who has been (recently!) tell me what to expect.

Savings on retail? Are they satisfyingly substantial?

If I go with an open mind how likely am I to be able to get enough tiles to do a whole bathroom?

What else might I acquire towards a bathroom refit?

HiDBandSIL Sat 28-Jan-17 08:40:37

I'm always disappointed when I go there.

It is just one (not very big) room - a couple of short aisles and a bit off to the side. There are usually quite a lot of tiles (none of which I ever like), a few baths and bathroom cabinets and assorted bathroom fittings. Also some paint. I have bought paint there before (and regretted it).

They have something like a factory outlet sale periodically where they set up a marquee outside and have much more on offer. It might be worth waiting for that if you can.

Despite all of that I will still be making a fairly long journey soon to look for things for my bathroom / kitchen project. I won't expect to find anything though.

Sinkingfeeling Sat 28-Jan-17 11:31:55

I live about 15 miles away and occasionally go over for a browse at the weekend. It's nice to have a look, everything is well laid out and attractively presented, but like the previous pp I've only ever found one or two things. The prices are still pretty high, even at end of line or seconds prices. It's worth seeing, IMO, but not worth travelling a long way to see

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 28-Jan-17 11:34:39

Where is it?

Sinkingfeeling Sat 28-Jan-17 12:11:06

Adderbury, not far from Banbury.

Noisygirls Sat 28-Jan-17 12:31:57

Live v close and totally not worth a long drive! Haphazard bathroom bits, big floor tiles but few smaller ones. Probably good if you need a bath as they always seem to have several. They have a great full price showroom and lots of their full price tiles however so if you aren't looking for sale stuff that can be useful. Friends have bought a few bargains but do go lots.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 02-Feb-17 16:39:19

Thanks Sinkingfeeling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now