Talk

Advanced search

Another Kitchen Layout - Ideas please

(6 Posts)
babydad Fri 27-Jan-17 14:06:44

So we have finally got the funds from re-mortgaging to enable us to do works to our kitchen/diner. It involves knocking down a lean two and replacing it with a 2.5m extension as per the plan attached.
As part of the works there will be a new entrance to the kitchen from the lounge.

We have already noticed that the architect has not made an allowance for a store cupboard for the boring stuff like vacuum cleaner/mop etc so that will need to be looked at.

Be good to get some ideas from people who have done extensions and what changes they would suggest having been through the process.

Thanks

wowfudge Fri 27-Jan-17 14:45:27

I think there's too much crammed into the space. I'd turn the table round and out it where the armchairs and coffee table are and extend the island so it's longer.

JillyTheDependableBoot Fri 27-Jan-17 15:02:37

Could the loo go under the stairs? I think having a toilet opening into the kitchen is a bit grim personally.

babydad Fri 27-Jan-17 15:18:03

We have a cellar so the toilet has to go where it is, plus its already located in this area so no extra costs to move.

thewookieswife Fri 27-Jan-17 19:41:13

I agree that there's way too much in here, the distance between island and perimeter units appears as though it isn't enough too by the look of it, I think you will need to loose the slimline cabinets on the top wall .
Was this a technician or an architect who drew this for you?

RandomMess Fri 27-Jan-17 19:47:41

I would lose the island and have the table along one wall and units on the other with perhaps a small L shape at the end where the table and chairs are?

Islands will date in time especially if space is compromised to squeeze on in?

It's trick to get the picture big enough for me to see though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now