Talk

Advanced search

2m x 3.3 m Conservatory/ extension

(7 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Thu 26-Jan-17 19:16:11

I am looking into having some space added.

Due to the existing soil pipe we are limited to what we can do.

Do you think floor space of 2m x 3.6 is enough?

Hoping to use it as a second (tv free ) chill room / maybe dining area in a few years / play room

user1471549018 Thu 26-Jan-17 19:58:32

I think ok for a conservatory, but a bit too small for a proper room. Could you combine it with another room/rejig the layout a bit to make it work? You could post a floor plan to see what people think?

dodgydonkeysdoodah Thu 26-Jan-17 20:11:07

I have a conservatory that's about 2.2m out from the back of the house by jus my short of 4m wide (across the house). It's big enough for a small rattan type sofa and armchair and a coffee table and doesn't feel too constricted when you're in there because it's basically made of glass on 3 sides. What makes the small footprint awkward is that it's also the only back door into the back garden so I have to leave enough floor space free of furniture for people to get in and out.
It's very cold in the winter though (probably not the kind of "chill" room you meant!) and too hot in the summer (faces south)

dodgydonkeysdoodah Thu 26-Jan-17 20:13:25

just short of

PeppaPigStinks Fri 27-Jan-17 21:43:18

Thank you!
Il do a layout tomorrow on paper.

I think you are right when you say the glass will make it feel less constricted.

Kevinbaconsrealwife Fri 27-Jan-17 21:50:57

Had my conservatory fitted in July 2014 and its 2x3 m.....it's got floor to ceiling glass and French doors onto the garden..so it feels like it has plenty of light and space ...I have a 2 seat sofa ( for the bloody dog it seems!!) a small blanket box and a leather armchair....enough room to walk through and for us to sit and chat in from end March to November time ( no heating in there as was on a mega budget)...it's lovely when the nice weather comes and we can open the French doors....for me it's definitely a nice space/ overspill room for when we have several friends over more than a definite " room" ...but 2 1/2 years on I have never wished it was bigger and am happy with it.....oh and I waited 21 years for it :-)....good luck with whichever option you choose...

PeppaPigStinks Sat 28-Jan-17 15:24:11

Thank you Kevin.
Please could you pm me a photo if you don't mind?

I think we are going to get a price to turn it around. So it will be the same size but longer along the house as opposed to jetting out in the garden

Having chalked out the footprint of a sofa etc this feels a lot better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now