Talk

Advanced search

Lock options on composite doors..

(3 Posts)
jojosapphire Thu 26-Jan-17 08:25:40

We will be getting 2 new doors when we do our extention. We like the modern style composite doors but most display ones have the bar style handle and a yale lock. I really dont want to have a door that can lock me out in error (hated our yale lock as a kid). Is there any other option other than a leaver handle like our current UPVC door?

Thank you

Ruhrpott Thu 26-Jan-17 10:20:13

Sorry not really answering your question but we have this and have a spare key in a key safe in the garage. I quite like these locks
as it means you can't forget to lock the door (which my daughters always did!)

PigletJohn Thu 26-Jan-17 10:32:31

Have a look at the ERA Vectis, which has a 5-lever lock operated, not by a cylinder, but with a key-shaped key, but is a multipoint system.

Ask your supplier if you can have a BS3621 lock fitted (this is the type usually fitted to wooden doors).

I don't know what you are aiming for. It will either be a door that latches when closed (like a Yale) or one that is manually operated with a knob or handle; or one that is deadlocked with a key.

I am personally not happy with a door that anybody can open from outside without using a key.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now