Talk

Advanced search

Tottenham gentrification?

(4 Posts)
annawoolfworries Wed 25-Jan-17 22:34:32

Does anyone here have any thoughts on what will
happen with Tottenham property prices. Walthamstow & Hackney are too pricy but houses up near white hart lane/Bruce grove are pretty reasonable for London standards. Anyone live there, thinking of living there or have a good instinct for this stuff. Is it super grim or has it not yet been 'discovered' for want of a less gross phrase.

Dandeliondelilah Wed 25-Jan-17 22:59:14

Super grim at the moment - but I know a few very nice, normal, even quite middle class people who live around there and they seem happy. If I had money to invest in London property at the moment, that's where I'd be spending it. The new Spurs ground will see a huge regeneration and injection of cash. It needs it.

reynoldsnumber Wed 25-Jan-17 23:29:19

A good friend moved to Bruce Castle recently and it's turned out to be really nice. None of us had been there before but its supervising. Definitely worth exploring up this way (we live in Wood Green, other side of the high road to Tottenham).

phoria Wed 25-Jan-17 23:49:18

i had a look at some flats around that area and found it super grim. sorry! as a single lady i wouldn't feel that safe walking around either late at night. my sister bought there.

like dandelion says, they're pumping in lots of money in the next few years and there are a few signs of gentrification slowly happening. also at least it's a short bus ride to stoke newington.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now