Talk

Advanced search

Franke sink or what?

(6 Posts)
wowfudge Tue 24-Jan-17 22:46:22

We're about to order our new kitchen and will need a 1.5 bowl under mount stainless steel sink. Is it worth paying more for a Franke sink than a brand like CDA? Any brands to avoid?

bouncydog Wed 25-Jan-17 06:42:19

We've had a Franke in our utility for over 20 years with the original Franke tap and both still going strong. Just had a new 1.5 bowl Franke in our new kitchen and it's good. It came as a special offer through the kitchen supplier with a tap - tap is still in a box for either use when we have the utility done to match the kitchen or to sell on. Can't comment on other brands but it all seems good quality and robust and wasn't actually that expensive. We put in a Franke omni 4 in 1 boiling water tap in the kitchen which we love. Loads cheaper than a quooker and we get hot, cold, boiling and filtered cold water!

wowfudge Wed 25-Jan-17 07:10:25

Thanks bouncy. I've read reviews of other CDA items and they aren't very good.

namechangedtoday15 Wed 25-Jan-17 09:24:47

We've always had Franke too. No issues at all.

sippingginandlemon Wed 25-Jan-17 09:41:33

Frankie sinks are very good.

I've recently been pleasantly surprised at my IKEA sink as I've always had Frankie.

Change if circumstances meant I have to choose a less expensive option.

The IKEA one has worn well and is a well designed shape, lots of inexpensive add ons to enhance it too. I'm converted.

mumblechum0 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:46:57

I have a Franke (Villeroy & Bosch) white ceramic 1.5 bowl with drainer and chrome tap and it's great. Occasionally it starts to look grotty if I've been chucking too much stuff down it but a quick blitz with bleach and it's sparkling white again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now