Talk

Advanced search

Tileable shower trays (not wet room style) - do they exist?

(7 Posts)
HiDBandSIL Tue 24-Jan-17 15:22:03

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but can you get tileable shower trays?

I want a tiled floor to my shower but I don't need it to be level with the rest of the floor and I don't want to go down the tanking/wet room route so it needs an edge to it. The only "tileable shower trays" I can find are flat ones for wet rooms.

I've seen showers like this - they're tiled on the bottom and have a tiled edge. Are they all tanked? I'm probably being stupid here and they are.

HiDBandSIL Tue 24-Jan-17 15:29:54

Like this... except it has no ridge to the back does it, so it must be tanked right? Sigh...

I want a pebbled floor to my shower but it's a loft conversion to an old house and I think it would be a bad idea to rely on tanking. Any ideas?

HiDBandSIL Tue 24-Jan-17 16:00:50

They do exist!

Has anyone used anything like this though? And where did you buy it? Does it definitely mean you don't have to tank?

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 24-Jan-17 16:20:33

We have one - I think it's more like a liner though and tiled after (if I remember the conversation with my builder correctly (new baby and building work syndrome)

It's about 6 years old and we've had no problems but can't remember the name though

HiDBandSIL Tue 24-Jan-17 22:37:58

Thank you duckfart grin

I'm confused by this because lining sounds like tanking. How do you create an edge?

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Sat 28-Jan-17 19:58:43

Im not sure but they did 😀

There seem to be some you tube videos though

HiDBandSIL Sun 29-Jan-17 23:37:11

Thank you! I'll have a look at YouTube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now