Talk

Advanced search

Hallway / stairs / landing colour?

(4 Posts)
sweetheart Tue 24-Jan-17 10:50:28

We're about to paint our hallways, stairs and landing - uggghhh, possibly the worst DIY job ever!

So we currently have a light yellow sort of buttermilk colour that we inherited. I hate yellow colours and want it to be more fresh and modern. Probably just an off white to be honest but as it's a high use area something that doesn't show too many marks (probably wishful thinking there)

The rest of our house is quite neutral.

So what colour is the holy grail of hallway colours?

HiDBandSIL Tue 24-Jan-17 12:01:40

We have F&B Wimborne White which I like but it marks horribly and doesn't clean up well so not the holy grail smile

TanaLawn Tue 24-Jan-17 12:15:25

We went with French Grey Pale (Little Greene). It keeps the hall and stairs light and airy feeling but is a bit more forgiving than white/off white.

It's a grey neutral that goes with all the colours of the rooms that lead off from it. In terms of toughness we have a house full of boys, and it's not looking bad after 2.5 years in situ. I wipe marks off with a damp microfibre cloth and it takes this well.

I hasten to add this is not my house, it is from pinterest. Included to show how it blends well with all the different coloured flags and ornaments.

I'm repainting sometime this year and going to use the same colour again.

It's the intelligent matt washable emulsion btw, seems to be wearing better the F&B equivalent in the dining room.

sweetheart Tue 24-Jan-17 13:09:55

We have farrow and ball in our main living area and have been quite disappointed that considering the price it doesn't wear well at all. The texture is quite chalky so we'll probably go for just a matt paint this time round, probably from the dulux range. We had a very pale grey in our old house and i found it quite dull so I think we'll be going for something on the cream side of neutral (but not yellow cream)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now