Advanced search

Boundary Responsibility for previous council house

(2 Posts)
vcrees6 Tue 24-Jan-17 10:25:58

Anyone own a house that was previously a council house? Or a conveyancer who may have come across this before?

If a title register for the house states the following what does this mean in terms of responsibility of boundary maintenance?

"The council shall erect and for ever maintain permanent boundary fences along the boundaries of the premises hereby conveyed. Such boundary fences shall be close fences or walls at the height stipulated in the next clause. "

Can't see anything else about boundaries in the register and the title plan has no T's on it to indicate responsibility.

Notyetthere Tue 24-Jan-17 10:55:23

I own an ex-council house and the title stipulated that we are responsible for all the boundary fences apart from the one boundary at the bottom of the garden. I assume that statement means your council is responsible for all your fences hence no 'Ts' on your title. Basically the way I am interpreting it is that yours is the opposite to ours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: