Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Location location location ???

(7 Posts)
1618ZTZT Mon 23-Jan-17 23:34:51

*Hello,

My husband and I are looking to move. My husband works in Watford and I'm a SAHM. My husband also travels into London for work quite often We have two children under two. We are looking to move to an area that has good schools,family friendly & isn't too far from Watford/ London. Our budget is £480k and we would need a 3 bedroom at least. We have been looking at several different locations but I was wondering whether I could get suggestions from you all.

Thanks is advance* 

Testificateman Tue 24-Jan-17 10:09:38

Just go on rightmove, put in which area you want and within 5 or so miles, price and 3 beds and happy hunting.

PragmaticWench Tue 24-Jan-17 12:27:21

Berkhamsted perhaps?

Difficultyear2015 Tue 24-Jan-17 12:34:13

Berkhamsted or Boxmoor would be good options.

Tring if you are happy to go out a bit further.

You will get a lot more for your money in Tring or Hemel Hempstead but prices in these areas are rising sharply due to influx of buyers who can no longer afford St Albans and Berkhamsted

1618ZTZT Tue 24-Jan-17 13:51:10

Does anyone know what Aylesbury is like ??

Difficultyear2015 Tue 24-Jan-17 13:59:10

Aylesbury is very cheap to buy in.

Considerably so compared to any of the villages that surround it.

I haven't lived there myself but have known people who have and they couldn't wait to get away from it.

As with all places though, there are good and bad bits.

It seems that they are investing money in the town, but generally most developments are sprawling affordable housing on the outskirts.

Wendover, Aston Clinton or Thame could fit the bill if you are looking that far out?

Beware of HS2.

1618ZTZT Tue 24-Jan-17 18:36:17

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now