Advanced search

Indemnity policies, who pays and how to get them

(3 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 23-Jan-17 15:35:07

We are about to exchange on a property and our solicitor has thrown up a restrictive covenant on the property saying that no extensions can be added without the developers consent.

It looks like this was never applied so our solicitor is asking for an indemnity policy. My question is, who pays this? The buyer or the seller? The seller has been pushing for a completion this Friday so we are running out of time to meet the ideal schedule..

wowfudge Mon 23-Jan-17 16:22:58

The seller - it's part and parcel of their title being in order. Refuse to proceed without it if necessary.

Bellaposy Mon 23-Jan-17 21:34:13

Agreed, the seller. Your solicitor will take it out for you or approve a policy provided by their solicitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now