Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New bathroom - the basics?

(3 Posts)
MakeMineADoubleGin Mon 23-Jan-17 13:17:26

Where do I start with planning a new bathroom? Having just walked round IKEA I feel like I need guidance!

I'd like to get someone in for a quote who can do a bit of building work (there's an old boiler cupboard that needs taking out and pipes moving) and then do the bathroom fitting too.

After getting messed around with a building company when I had a kitchen extension done a few years ago, I'm a bit nervous about getting shafted again!

Do I need a builder or a bathroom design company or….what? Ideally I'd like one person/team to come in, do all the work and I don't mind paying a premium for that, rather than faffing with stuff myself

More than happy to do some research if anyone's got pointers…

Many thanks!

Justanothernameonthepage Mon 23-Jan-17 14:41:42

We're mid bathroom renovation at the moment. We'd looked at some national chains but heard quite a lot of negative feedback. The previous owner of the house tended to get things done on the cheap so we were aware that there may be issues that required expertise and time to fix so we didn't want to hire our own contractor and deal with mid job renegotiations. So we looked at local bathroom stores. They were more expensive than the nationals, but much higher quality and the extra money is worth it for my peace of mind. They used their preferred contractor to install and helped with the planning. More than happy to recommend if you're in Southampton area.

Testificateman Mon 23-Jan-17 15:11:29

If you have pipework to move, you'll be better off getting a plumber.
If you are a DIYer, changing your bathroom suite is quite straightforward. If not, your plumber can do it in less than a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now