Talk

Advanced search

Would a joiner do this or some other trade(s)

(7 Posts)
mysteryfairy Sun 22-Jan-17 08:15:47

I have a room in my house that isn't properly finished. It has painted breeze block walls and a painted concrete floor. We have loads of ill matched book cases in there housing 1000s of books. Plus a piano, a drum kit, many guitars, two big amps, other music related stuff....

I'd like to keep purpose of room same but make it nicer. As the drum kit and amps sometimes gets used Id like to fit sound proof insulation and noise absorbing plasterboard. Plus possibly something like a Karndean floor? I'd replace the bookcases (possibly with ikea storage that all matches). I just don't know who to get in to do this though? Joiner, plasterer and floor person? In what order? Where do I start?

Chrisinthemorning Sun 22-Jan-17 08:21:35

Joiner probably. Ours could do this - he does tiling and flooring too

tittysprinkles Mon 23-Jan-17 18:04:51

Get the walls plastered first, then floor laid, then joiner in last to fit skirting boards, architraves and shelving.

Testificateman Mon 23-Jan-17 19:38:52

If you want sound proofing done, I'd get a builder in. He can suggest the best way of doing it. He can also sort your floor out as well.

mysteryfairy Mon 23-Jan-17 21:26:04

Tittysprinkles I don't think I can get the walls plastered until there's a frame with plasterboard on it which is why I was expecting to need a joiner before a plasterer. Would a plasterer normally do this then?

Soundproof wise I was expecting to just go with sound proof insulation behind the plasterboard and noise absorbing plasterboard. Would that not be normal for this. The room barely gets used as the owners of the drum kit and amps are away at university so not looking to spend a fortune!

Fourbyfour Mon 23-Jan-17 23:05:05

Builder in first to insulate and board your walls and do your floor. Then plasterer, then decorator.

Testificateman Mon 23-Jan-17 23:26:27

When I say sound proofing, I don't mean recording studio type.
As I said. A good builder can do practically the whole job for you. You don't need a joiner.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: