Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seeing our new build tomorrow. What do I need to do?

(8 Posts)
Donotpress Fri 20-Jan-17 12:08:06

Help gratefully appreciated here- tomorrow we visit the new build we are in the early stages of purchasing. They have said we can come and measure up for curtains etc. But I don't know what the etc would be, what should I do while o have access to the property pre purchase? Any ideas?

ButtfaceMiscreant Fri 20-Jan-17 12:11:26

Not sure what you should do, but I would probably measure up for flooring (unless included), curtains, distance between plug sockets (for things like bedside tables, coffee tables and whatnot), and also have a look what space you have for pictures/wall hangings if you wanted.

Donotpress Fri 20-Jan-17 14:05:46

Thank you!

tweedledid Fri 20-Jan-17 14:07:51

I took a lot of photos, window measurements and little things like length of wall between window and wall for bookcase etc. I think I wrote the most details floor plan possible and then spent weeks deciding on furniture with small to scale cut outs...I drove myself mad!!!

Donotpress Fri 20-Jan-17 14:31:54

That's a good idea to write down a big floor plan (or little floorplan if what everyone says about new builds being tinier than you think!).

Donotpress Fri 20-Jan-17 14:43:31

That didn't even make sense. I'm so tired. Sorry

Fluffyears Fri 27-Jan-17 22:37:49

When we visited we checked the sockets worked, I found one eindiwbhad condensation on inside so had to report it as the double glazing unit had 'failed' they changed the window a week later. I also
Measured where everything was going to go to make sure it would fit.

Once you are in keep a snagging log ad you'll forget about things, I just got all my snagging sorted this week and I've been in for 2 months.

Donotpress Mon 30-Jan-17 22:36:56

Thanks so much. Really helpful. We are back there in a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now