Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Crouch End

(4 Posts)
3isthemagicno Fri 20-Jan-17 08:19:17

We like the look and feel of this bit of London but what's it like to live in with children? We'd hope to stay long term. Is there much to do for kids? Safety? Green spaces? Schools all seem good. This true? What do most do at secondary? Any downsides? We can afford towards the north of Crouch End rather than central.

ACubed Fri 20-Jan-17 10:35:15

I grew up there and it was great, real community vibe, like a village. It's Got much posher the last few years though, but there are lots of nice parks, shops, pubs etc. If you're one who hates lots of people with buggies who are quite posh then prob not for you, but I guess I am one of those and I still like it! No tube station but buses go to Finsbury Park , and there's a gym and cinema. I'd reccomend!

Dandeliondelilah Fri 20-Jan-17 14:49:51

Friends live there and love it - and it does have everything you describe - but when they talk about it, I'm so glad I don't... it seems to me it's very much the land of competitive parenting. I don't know much about schools except that Coleridge (primary) is the one everyone wants - and rents houses on short leases to get into - but the catchments for most schools are minuscule so check that out carefully before you commit to a particular location.

ACubed Fri 20-Jan-17 18:28:25

Competitive parenting - a much better description than 'posh people with buggies' ha! Yes spot on.
I went to Coleridge, it used to be real hippyish: mediation and listening to Beatles songs !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now