Advanced search

Washing machine what is this?

(5 Posts)
Matermx Wed 18-Jan-17 23:40:36

Just checked my washing machine after washing some clothes and have discovered this, not sure whether this has always been there or please help

PickAChew Wed 18-Jan-17 23:42:58

Looks deliberate. Mine have always had randomm folds and holes in the rubbbber bits.

wowfudge Thu 19-Jan-17 00:01:02

They all have that. Water collects in the folds of the gasket (grey rubbery seal) during a wash programme and it's designed so that it drains out througg those holes instead of collecting in the seal and going stale.

Manumission Thu 19-Jan-17 00:03:42

It doesn't need two threads grin

Fluffyears Sat 21-Jan-17 11:18:38

That's part of the draining I believe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now