Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have an IKEA sofabed? Thoughts? Recommendations?

(15 Posts)
flownthecoopkiwi Wed 18-Jan-17 13:19:02

Need a sofa bed in our new study (just exchanged!!) but while we don't want to spend a fortune, we do want one that will be reasonably comfortable for guests.

Some of the mid priced IKEA ones look ok (I'd rather a more sofa looking one than a futon).

Thoughts? Experiences? Alternatives?

Zabrina90 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:17:11

I have the ikea FRIHETEN in beige - my father stays at my house every other weekend as he travels from his home to see the grandchildren and he sleeps on this every time. He says that it is the comfiest bed he's ever slept on. He has a bad back and is a very large man and he finds this firm enough to completely support him. It's very spacious when pulled out as a bed. The only issues I have is that its hard to clean as the seat covers are non-removable and my daughters tend to spill things on it!!! Also, the back isn't very high so can be annoying when you're sat on it for a while as it starts to dig in. Hope this helps but for a study I'd say it is great value for money! x

mostlysinging Wed 18-Jan-17 15:24:44

Definitely try them out before you commit. My ILs have one (not sure which one though) and it is the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on to the point I've told my DH I won't go and stay if we have to sleep on it!

My friend has the same one as mentioned above and have slept on it and so much better than the ILs one.

flownthecoopkiwi Wed 18-Jan-17 15:36:12

thanks! Would the ikea FRIHETEN fit two people?? if we got the three seater version?

BringMeTea Wed 18-Jan-17 16:09:34

I had one years ago and it was very comfortable. So. My experience is a good one.

CheeseFlavouredDiscs Wed 18-Jan-17 16:11:22

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/household_goods_chat/2215347-Anyone-got-the-FRIHETEN-Corner-sofa-bed-from-Ikea

This thread has more discussion about the friheten sofabed

Earslaps Wed 18-Jan-17 16:13:52

We have the Frieheten one or whatever it's called and it's great. Loads of storage for blankets and pillows, great size of bed and I find it really comfy to sleep on (considering moving into spare room until we get our new mattress sorted!). It's in the spare room so we don't sit on it much to be honest but it seems fine for that. It certainly takes plenty of folded washing waiting to be put away blush

Earslaps Wed 18-Jan-17 16:14:15

Btw- ours is not the corner one.

Anatidae Wed 18-Jan-17 16:15:10

We needed a couple of sofa beds recently and were pretty disappointed with the ikea selection. The only one that was ok was the L shaped one that turns from a corner sofa into a bed. All the others were a bit crap sad

We ended up buying elsewhere

Zabrina90 Wed 18-Jan-17 16:43:01

My FRIHETEN fits my dad and stepmom more than comfortably and they are both big people, plus my 2 daughters always jump into bed with them in the morning and have a snuggle. Loads of room! x

OhtoblazeswithElvira Wed 18-Jan-17 17:08:41

We have the lycksele in the spare bedroom. It makes an uncomfortable sofa but a surprisingly comfortable bed.

Pradaqueen Wed 18-Jan-17 19:59:06

I have an IKEA Ektorp two seater in one of the kids rooms. Their friends love it and is was very inexpensive.

littlemissM92 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:28:49

We have the freighton as our sofa in lounge and always pull it out at weekends for movie nights I think it's big could easily fit a couple in / 3 children
Have slept on it a couple of times x

NotMeNoNo Wed 18-Jan-17 22:53:45

The Lycksele is the one that looks a bit like a futon, is a pretty comfortable bed. It's not great as a sofa (a few cushions help) but for an occasional room its fine. My mum doesn't complain about it, that's saying something!

ChipmunkSundays Thu 19-Jan-17 10:47:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now