Talk

Advanced search

Best hats wearing White paint for wood floors

(3 Posts)
thisgirlrides Tue 17-Jan-17 14:38:54

We painted our old pine floorboards white last autumn (1 coat primer, 2 coats b&q 'trade' floor paint) and it's already looking awful especially in high traffic areas or where chairs etc are moved frequently. It's a bugger of a job as it means moving out of the room (kitchen/diner shock) for best part of a week so we're going to get someone in to do it whilst we're away but really want it to last more than 6 months this time. Any recommendations or brands to avoid?

Boulshired Tue 17-Jan-17 16:13:43

I used rust-oleum chalk floor paint it needed no prep and lasted a few years. It was only meant to be a stop gap whilst I decided but lasted really well.

Honeyandfizz Tue 17-Jan-17 16:17:01

I used rust-oleum chalk paint too and it was dreadful, I found it marked very easily. After lots of research I used Little Greene paint co as their floor paint is oil based unlike F&B. It's perfect, lots of colour choice and only took 2 coats (one 2.5 litre tin for a 14ft x 14ft bedroom) and hasn't chipped at all. Would highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now