Talk

Advanced search

Connecting a washing machine 3m away from water supply

(7 Posts)
LittleSausageFingers Tue 17-Jan-17 10:50:06

I need to connect a washing machine, but the waste and water pipes are a little way away from where the machine will go. We'd need 3m inlet and waste pipes, which you can buy, but does anyone know of any potential issues with using such long pipes? It's a Beko WM7023W, if that's important! Thanks

Namechangefail Tue 17-Jan-17 11:04:43

not sure if it helps, but when we wanted to move our washing machine from the kitchen we got a plumber to put in a new water supply to that room. Also a pipe to take the waste water outside. we now have pipework going from our upstairs bathroom, down to a new downstairs toilet and through another wall into a newly created utility. can't advise on cost as it was part of a larger project. No problems with the washing machine.

Testificateman Tue 17-Jan-17 12:51:58

Is the washing machine going against an outside wall? If so, the waste pipe will be easy.
As for water supply. Can you post a photo so I can give you the correct advice?

Testificateman Tue 17-Jan-17 12:52:49

Sorry, photo of current water supply.

LittleSausageFingers Tue 17-Jan-17 13:29:15

Hi test currently our washing machine is connected to waste and inlet under the sink. I want to put a new washing machine to the right of the cupboards in the second pic (by blue curtains). We could run waste and water pipes under the units. The space we currently have for a washing machine (left of the sink out of shot) is to small for a standard size machine. Thanks a lot

Testificateman Tue 17-Jan-17 15:29:44

Whether you have your waste on the inside or outside, it will need to be at an angle so the water will flow out. You will also need a couple of brackets to hold it on to the wall, otherwise it will sag.
As for your water supply, you can use compression joints. Just make sure that after cutting a pipe, you use a metal file to remove sharp burrs. Take care if using a hacksaw, the olive needs a smooth pipe or it can leak.
Hope this helps.

LittleSausageFingers Tue 17-Jan-17 19:55:47

Thanks a lot, very useful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now