Talk

Advanced search

Heat pump dryer - working but not collecting any water in the container.

(9 Posts)
SwedishEdith Mon 16-Jan-17 22:42:28

What's likely to be wrong with it. Where's the water going (or gone, not using it once realised what was happening)? And can I fix it or do I need to call out an engineer?

Testificateman Mon 16-Jan-17 23:32:09

There should be a hose at the back leading to the container. You need to check if it is either blocked, or unattached.

SwedishEdith Mon 16-Jan-17 23:42:48

It's not disconnected (I assume) as there's no condensation in the room. Will check if blocked if can get it off - not sure how yet. Thanks.

Testificateman Mon 16-Jan-17 23:54:03

Also, have you checked the filter? Depending on the type of dryer, you should have two.

Testificateman Mon 16-Jan-17 23:57:17

youtu.be/9OOHHPmaWto

Testificateman Mon 16-Jan-17 23:57:40

Hope this helps.

SwedishEdith Mon 16-Jan-17 23:57:46

All the filters at the front are ok. I don't think there's any others I can access. When I look inside the machine, I can see lint at the back of the drum but I don't know if that's always there and I've just never noticed it before.

SwedishEdith Tue 17-Jan-17 00:28:06

Thanks. It is actually a JL one. I watched it with no sound so will look again tomorrow but know we've cleaned all of those filters [confsued]. I think we're still in warranty but can't find the damn receipt Thanks again.

TanaLawn Tue 17-Jan-17 00:35:36

Ours is plumbed in so that the water drains away into the sink plumbing next to the washer and dryer, so although we have the water container it never fills. Could yours be plumbed in?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now