Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 or 2 houses?

(1 Post)
LadyVampire Sun 15-Jan-17 20:05:01

Me and DH currently live in a 2 up and 2 down house which we will outgrow in the next 3-5 years. We are doing it up atm to make it nicer/ more suitable for us.

The house is in a popular area so wouldn't struggle to sell for the money we need. We love the area so wouldn't want to leave.

To get the house we need in the area we are currently in we'd need an extra £100k-120k on top of what we can sell this one for.

Another option is to get the right sized house just outside our current area (about a 40 min drive) and do it up. We could do that for £100k so could buy a family home and keep our current house.

Not sure which would be the better option? Current house is better for me workwise, moving to area 40 min outside better for DH work but we could afford to run both so use our current house as a base when I work/ kids to stay in during uni in the future etc coould be done. Or would it be better just to have one bigger house where we want to be and kids can live at home when they are older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now