Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a bad experience with diy kitchens.com?

(36 Posts)
HeyMacWey Sun 15-Jan-17 10:07:53

Reviews online seem overwhelming positive.

Are they good at keeping on top of bad reviews or are they really as good as they appear?

Want to order but a little worried about not just being able to pop into a shop to sort any problems.

PopcornFiend Sun 15-Jan-17 13:23:37

We had a good experience with them, delivery was fine and we did have 2 units that were slightly damaged but we sent them pics and they got new units sent out within a week. We were v happy overall, the kitchen was fab value. I used the ikea kitchen planner to design the kitchen then just ordered all the relevant size units. Very easy and as I say delivery, communication & sorting out damages was spot on.

twinklefoot Sun 15-Jan-17 13:26:09

No all good. I love my kitchen. Go for it!

wowfudge Sun 15-Jan-17 19:07:07

That's reassuring - I've been watching this thread as we are about to order from them. They were really good in the showroom, checking through our order and clarifying a number of things for us.

HeyMacWey Sun 15-Jan-17 19:34:23

Yes - good to see positive feedback.

I was going to plan a visit to their showroom - will have to make it a weekend trip though.

Did you take a plan up with you wow?

I was wondering if they'd go through it with you and help you if you'd missed any obvious things.

I've done a dummy run order on their website and it seems quite good in terms of reminding you what goes with what.

wowfudge Sun 15-Jan-17 21:43:13

Hi MacWey. Yes - we had a design done by another company. It was way more expensive than we had anticipated so I priced it up on DIY Kitchens' website, but I wasn't sure about a couple of things - and discovered a glitch on their website too.

As we'd been to the showroom before, I drew everything out on their kitchen planner. We sat down with the showroom manager and went through it all, item by item to ensure it was correct. He also suggested a couple of things we hadn't thought of. Absolutely no pressure or sales pitch.

If you have questions, they are great at responding.

Equimum Mon 16-Jan-17 20:00:16

We only had positive experiences. DH called to ask if they had any promotions coming up before we ordered. They said not, but then did a special offer weekend between us ordering and receiving delivery. DH rang back and they happily did oh red out order. They were also great about changing the one panel that arrived a bit chipped.

Overall, the service was excellent and the quality is exceptional.

mrsglowglow Mon 16-Jan-17 20:15:47

Really positive experience. We did ours this time last year. We shopped around at howdens, benchmarx, home base but found the quality if units with diy far superior. Our builder was dubious and was pushing for benchmarx but the designer let us down. We are delighted with our kitchen and our builder as very impressed as no errors with delivery and solid units.

marjolaine Mon 16-Jan-17 20:21:56

Our experience was positive too. Went to the showroom twice and staff were friendly and helpful with no pushiness (we were even told to go home and think about it again to make sure - unlike wren who were pushing a sale when we had just popped in for ideas).
We had no problems with our order and the quality of the kitchen is actually really good. I love it.

wowfudge Mon 16-Jan-17 20:30:42

Has anyone on this thread got a DIY Kitchens painted kitchen they wouldn't mind posting a photo of?

SpringSpringSpring Tue 17-Jan-17 13:03:50

We like the kitchen but the delivery was a nightmare. I'd taken time off to wait for delivery (had specified time slot) & booked joiner to start but they just didn't turn up. No call. No reason. No apology. No compensation. Turned up the next day saying they had run out of time the day before as if this as totally normal. They absolutely did not give a shit.

HeyMacWey Tue 17-Jan-17 13:43:04

That's no good spring.
Do you live quite a distance from the workshops?

But still generally good feedback.

GrannyRoberts Tue 17-Jan-17 13:50:08

I ordered mine from them on Sunday so watching this with interest! Been impressed with their responsiveness so far though.

spydie Tue 17-Jan-17 13:59:10

Following!

Having looked through their FB page I was concerned to read a lot of bad reviews about deliveries and difficulties resolving things.... our builder has also heard similar...

SpringSpringSpring Tue 17-Jan-17 14:13:39

We are quite far away though it wasn't an evening delivery or anything.

What really got to me was that they refused to acknowledge there was even a problem with delivering randomly a day late.

SmellTheGlove Tue 17-Jan-17 18:54:01

We were very happy with ours - can't really recall delivery tbh but I think it was maybe a bit late? But same day though. And they were very quick sending out new unit to replace a damaged one and also sending an extra panel I'd forgotten to order. Really considering that I reckon we saved about a thousand quid I wasn't too fussed about a few extra hours hanging around! And deliveries are unreliable with most companies I find..

SorrelForbes Tue 17-Jan-17 18:58:29

I bang on about these guys a lot but we used Units On Line who sell pretty much the same ranges. We had no issues with ordering or delivery

coolpatterngirl Wed 18-Jan-17 12:58:34

@SorrelForbes, how were Units On Line priced in comparison to DIY Kitchens?

SorrelForbes Wed 18-Jan-17 13:00:46

They came in a bit cheaper. They have a design service which is refundable against purchase but they waived our fee as they said that the design was quite simple! Their showroom is near Taunton which was easier for us than going to DIY Kitchen's showroom in Yorkshire.

HeyMacWey Wed 18-Jan-17 14:07:17

I've never heard of units online.
Will have a look into them too.

Beckyt80 Wed 18-Jan-17 14:19:33

I have the broadoak painted kitchen from diy kitchens painted in farrow ball light blue, we were very happy with the whole process. Significantly cheaper than any of the high street/ independent quotes. Great to be able to select exactly what you want, try different variations and have a real feel of how that effects the quote. Delivery was fine. Arrived about 9pm. We did a day trip from the south to visit their showroom and this just confirmed for us that we would order from them.

buzzmoon Thu 19-Jan-17 09:07:04

My mums just had the painted kitchen from diy kitchens. Cannot recommend enough! They are fantastic quality I was so surprised considering how cheap! Honestly it's fab!

buzzmoon Thu 19-Jan-17 09:09:58

My mums just had the painted kitchen from diy kitchens. Cannot recommend enough! They are fantastic quality I was so surprised considering how cheap! Honestly it's fab!

HeyMacWey Thu 19-Jan-17 14:52:50

That looks lovely buzz - bet your mum's happy with it.

Carsearching Thu 19-Jan-17 15:04:58

I love mine. Even the carpenter commented on excellent quality when he installed. Said better than most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now