Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where to have the kitchen?

(4 Posts)
bambino2014 Sat 14-Jan-17 20:41:05

Thought and ideas please!! We're having a large extension of a kitchen/diner and living room. Would you have the kitchen at the 'back' of the house for access to the garden eg hanging washing out? Not sure if I'm over thinking it all!

Testificateman Sat 14-Jan-17 22:32:04

Personally, I prefer the kitchen at the back of the house.
When welcoming guests, you can lead them into the living room at the front and bins can be at the back for easy access for kitchen waste.
Also, you don't want to stand at the sink looking like you're being nosey 😀

linspins Sat 14-Jan-17 23:00:36

We've just moved a kitchen from the front of the house to the back, where the house is open plan now in to the dining room and a seating area. Kitchen was at the front when we bought, and there's no way I would have kept it there. I like to stand at my sink and gaze down the garden, and it creates a good family space.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 15-Jan-17 18:40:44

It needs a lot of thought as it's a massive investment and something you need to live with for a long time !

If it's all going up be open plan -might be an idea to design in a sound proofed laundry cupboard or utility room ?! Nothing worse than a spinning washing machine when you are trying to relax !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now