Talk

Advanced search

How many viewings before you had an acceptable offer?

(10 Posts)
Shadowboy Fri 13-Jan-17 17:27:15

We've only been listed since 6pm Monday and had 5 viewings so far but I'm so fed up of keeping the house spotless (we have two kids and a large dog, horses and chickens) so tricky to keep spotless.

One viewing cancelled today due to snow, and one viewing tomorrow and two on Monday.....

So hoping for a quick sale simply as staying tidy is bloody hard work.

How many viewings did you have to clean/tidy for before you could take house off the market?

wowfudge Fri 13-Jan-17 17:30:10

8 or 9 I think. They tended to be on Saturdays so it wasn't too bad. We would tidy and go out and the EA did the viewings.

flownthecoopkiwi Fri 13-Jan-17 17:32:47

Two viewings and two offers. One a joke but accepted second although slightly lower than asking price just so we could go back to our mucky ways. Plus two children!

Applesauce29 Fri 13-Jan-17 17:43:00

Ugh - feel you're pain. We hired a storage area to store clutter - makes tidying up after kids so much easier as there are fewer toys to fling around the place.

nell15 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:36:20

About 6 over two weekends, 2 couples came back for 2nd viewings and one put in an offer which we accepted

Shadowboy Fri 13-Jan-17 19:12:28

Ooo lots of quick sales! We live in a slow moving area (average listing to offer is 45 days apparently) so I'm dreading two kings of this!

Boulshired Fri 13-Jan-17 22:29:26

It has always depended on the circumstances, if I have needed to sell in a hurry I have priced to sell if I have had time on my side I have priced ambitiously. My first house I sold I got asking price on first viewing which immediately left me with a feeling I should of asked more!

user1471495191 Fri 13-Jan-17 22:34:27

7 viewings on first day, 5 offers. 3 raised their offers above the asking price. We're in a high demand area though.

Ruhrpott Fri 13-Jan-17 22:48:40

Just one and they bought it

EmmaC78 Fri 13-Jan-17 22:51:33

About 7 or 8 viewings but I am in Scotland and the market was a bit slower this time last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now