Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Buying off plan

(5 Posts)
JohnHunter Thu 12-Jan-17 15:57:33

We're looking at a couple of houses (currently being built) on a new development and wondered whether or not big developers are willing to haggle over prices.

I can see from Rightmove that there is a lot of variation in terms of how individuals price their houses. I can also envisage that there is more room for negotiation over some properties (e.g. they are clearly over-priced) but wonder how this plays out on large developments.

Are builders who are gradually selling off 500+ homes willing to negotiate over prices or are they likely to set the price at what they think it is worth and then stick to their guns?

This will just inform whether or not we consider off plan properties that are slightly over our budget...

AgentProvocateur Thu 12-Jan-17 16:21:22

i would think that everything is negotiable at the moment...

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 12-Jan-17 16:40:00

It might be worth trying to haggle over what you can get included for the price quoted? E.g. Fixtures and fittings, appliances etc?

thethoughtfox Thu 12-Jan-17 16:41:54

I believe they will be reluctant to lower the cost of the price of the house but extras, nice fixtures and fittings thrown in and money towards tax (or all paid) are all often available.

Daisiesandgerberas Thu 12-Jan-17 20:34:42

Find out when the company's end of year is & go in & negotiate a few weeks before that.

Someone l know got an off-plan down from £250k to £165k. I'm not kidding - I saw the paperwork shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now