Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where would you put stuff in this living room?

(7 Posts)
flownthecoopkiwi Wed 11-Jan-17 16:40:57

So, this is going to be our new living room. It's 8m by 4m and on the right what looks like is a window is a window and french doors (will replace with bifold)

We currently own one sofa, a tv cabinet and a nest of small tables.

Where would you put furniture in it? What else should we buy? Had been thinking of building in bookcases to the left of the fireplace, but they'd be 4 metres wide? Would that look weird?

wowfudge Wed 11-Jan-17 18:21:57

Is it big enough to create a cosy seating area with a sofa either side of the fire, facing each other with rug and coffee table between then a TV/family area at one end, maybe with an L shaped sofa? Bookshelves will look fine either side of the fireplace against the walls - you don't have to go full wall width, but could if you wanted

flownthecoopkiwi Wed 11-Jan-17 18:36:57

That's what I would like, a cosy reading snuggle area and a TV watching zone

wowfudge Wed 11-Jan-17 20:33:00

I've been reading a Kelly Hoppen book at bedtime! If you have sofas facing each have other in the central part of the room, you can curl up by the fire in winter and look out to the garden in summer. Sociable if you have people round too.

NewYearNewNames Wed 11-Jan-17 21:01:11

Is there anything you need to fit in here ie dining table, computer desk or is it just a living room that you need to fill up a bit?

DesolateWaist Wed 11-Jan-17 21:45:12

I have a long living room like that. However it is our only downstairs room.
We have our sofa and chairs at one end, with a chair across the middle to create a barrier.

At the other end we have a small dining table and another sofa.

flownthecoopkiwi Wed 11-Jan-17 21:48:22

No have a separate dining room and a playroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now