Talk

Advanced search

Can't see sold price photos on Rightmove?

(15 Posts)
DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 09:31:23

Hi,

Looking at sold prices on Rightmove and I now can't see any property details beyond the first results page. Is it me or is everyone having that problem? Really annoying!

Thank you!

TheBitterBoy Wed 11-Jan-17 09:37:52

I think it depends how long ago the properties were sold. Online estate agents have only really been around 10 years or so and the archives weren't necessarily kept online then. The first page will be the most recently sold houses which are much more likely to have photos and details with them.

DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 09:43:20

Thanks TheBitterBoy - but I can't see beyond the first page no matter how wide my search or where it is. There are never any photos on page two now - just house symbols. I've always seen quite a few pages of photos. Not sure whether RM have changed something?

BitchyInnerMonologue Wed 11-Jan-17 09:44:10

Try Zoopla. I find it more convenient than Rightmove.

DozyDorissimo Wed 11-Jan-17 09:47:42

I think it's just you smile

I've just done a search...

Assume you mean you are going into the menu for House Prices /Sold?
You then enter a postcode of the area. A list ought to come up.
I can see pages and pages of houses sold in my area and clicking on them brings up the details.

nemno Wed 11-Jan-17 09:49:32

Try view as list rather than map.

DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 09:51:12

Thanks for letting me know! How peculiar! It's happening on phone and PC! Well I'm at least glad that they haven't changed anything. Thanks!

dynevoran Wed 11-Jan-17 09:53:51

It did that yesterday for me and then worked again an hour later. Just a glitch I think.

DozyDorissimo Wed 11-Jan-17 10:00:15

Do you mean you can't see the lists or you can't open the details?

Some people can- don't know how- keep their details off RM . (If they don't want the sale price public.) Never sure how this happens as the Land Registry provide the info. Are you possibly looking at houses where the sellers have withheld this info?

DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 10:09:21

I can't see the details once I go onto page 2. It's not one or two that are either too old to show results or have kept it private - it is, without fail, no photos or clickable details, from page 2 onwards.

DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 10:10:24

Dynevoran this has been happening for the last few days confused

DozyDorissimo Wed 11-Jan-17 10:17:57

Yes you're right.

I didn't look past page 1.

I suspect it's a cost cutting thing. As long as the house is there and the sold price, the photos of inside the house are not really important are they?

Why would anyone want to see them, other than being nosy? smile

DreamingofthePeaks Wed 11-Jan-17 11:24:45

Oh no! I love being nosy (houses only!) How annoying! Well thanks for clearing that up anyway. At least I know I'm not going madgrin

adriennewillfly Thu 12-Jan-17 08:47:18

Probably a bug - might be worth emailing them to say.

DreamingofthePeaks Thu 12-Jan-17 09:25:33

Good idea - I'll do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now