Talk

Advanced search

Hainault/Chigwell - Oaklands Hamlet?

(8 Posts)
MuMuMuuuum Tue 10-Jan-17 13:46:33

Is anyone familiar with the new Oaklands Hamlet development. Its described as Chigwell but looking at the map I think its closer to Hainault.

Currently live in Bow and not familiar with the area. We're looking to buy our own place and need Help to Buy (although they haven't released prices yet so not sure if even in our budget). Looks like this development will have properties under the scheme and would be great to hear if anyone has any view or feedback who is familiar with the area. Its myself DD (9 months) and DH.

www.countryside-properties.com/new-homes/all-developments/new-home-developments/london/oaklands-hamlet/

MollyHuaCha Tue 10-Jan-17 14:05:50

Not familiar. But I've clicked on yr link and it looks v nice.smile

pithivier Tue 10-Jan-17 14:22:29

I live close by, moved here from Bow. It is close to Hainault Forest, next door actually. 25 minutes to Ilford and Romford. 15 minutes to Central Line. 10 minutes bus service close by. I would kill to live on that development.

MuMuMuuuum Tue 10-Jan-17 17:20:45

Thank you! It does look lovely, think we'll have to take a drive out at the weekend.

pithivier Tue 10-Jan-17 18:35:12

If you drive down New North Road, Hainault there are 2 other developments just going up.

Picklette123 Sat 29-Apr-17 13:16:26

Hello!

I am currently in the process of buying a house here - and I would say it is more Hainault than Chigwell!

Essexmumof2 Sat 01-Jul-17 19:00:55

Hi mumumuuuum! we are considering this development too! The detached houses look beautiful. Haven't been to see the area yet but it looks close to Chigwell grove which is nice - but I agree with you that it's closer to Hainault than Chigwell! Did you see the place in the end? What did you think? Any advice? Thanks!

Essexmumof2 Sat 01-Jul-17 19:02:09

Picklette123 - how's the process going? We have bought three new builds and depending on the developer the experience has varied. Are the houses built complete yet or will they be at any point this year? Thanks! And good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now