Talk

Advanced search

Next assembly service advice

(2 Posts)
shhhgobacktosleep Mon 09-Jan-17 22:41:41

Have just ordered some bedroom furniture from Next (a wardrobe, 2 chests of drawers and a king size bed), it come flat packed and I'm now thinking should I have added home assembly service. According to the furniture details each piece should be built in 30 minutes but I'm wondering whether that's realistic for a triple wardrobe. In the past dh and I have successfully built lots of ikea furniture but this time it will be me and my 20yr old daughter building it. The assembly service is £20 per item which sounds like it's worth just paying to have the items built without the struggle. Has anyone used the service and would recommend or indeed not? Or does anyone have experience of building next furniture and can tell me if its as easy as they lead you to believe?

Testificateman Tue 10-Jan-17 00:05:52

It isn't as easy as they make it out to be but, with a full charge in a cordless drill, more like 45 minutes.
If you have never done anything like this before though, I'd probably weigh up the cost of getting someone else to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now