Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Party Wall Agreement

(5 Posts)
HomeExtender Mon 09-Jan-17 10:20:45

We are hoping to start building our extension this spring. Can we start to build two months after the party wall agreement is served to our neighbours? Or do we have to wait until it is signed? I am hoping they will not want to instruct a surveyor but am worried about how long and drawn out this process could be and if this would delay the build start?

Also we are contemplating filling in the pwa ourselves rather than pay somebody to do it. Is that a sensible idea?

Thank you.

johnd2 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:58:23

Our neighbours were both fine about it all, we served the notices ourselves and they ticked to say we can start straight away. Cost about 50p or whatever for printing it out. I've heard of people spending thousands, so we are lucky.

johnd2 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:59:09

Ps search online for party wall template and you get the template letters for free to full in and print.

HomeExtender Fri 13-Jan-17 12:18:57

Hi thank you for this. Our neighbour has received letters from surveyors who have seen our planning application online and says he presumes we will be appointing a surveyor and when will he need input to the surveyor. I asked the architect months ago if we needed a surveyor to complete the PWN but didn't hear back so have chased. Would obviously prefer to keep the costs down as much as possible and complete the forms ourselves if they are straightforward but want to reassure the neighbours too if they have concerns. Thank again.

HomeExtender Fri 13-Jan-17 13:25:39

Also, the PWN states 'it is intended to excavate and build within 3 meters of your building and to a lower level than the bottom of your foundations ...'

How does the PWN know our intended 1m deep foundations are lower than next doors?

And why have building control checks and the need for a surveyor too?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now