Talk

Advanced search

Neighbors being parking hogs. aibu?

(7 Posts)
Zeesajid1994 Sun 08-Jan-17 14:51:25

We have a 2 car per household rule in our estate. Across the road the neighbours have 5 currently. They park willy nilly sometimes making it impossible to get out of our own driveway. They park 2 in their drive (belonging to the same family member) and three on street (one being someone who hasn't even passed nor drives it) be it in front of our drive or outside our house so they have clear access at all times. Rule also states both cars must be in own drives. Aibu to want to put in a complaint?

wobblywonderwoman Sun 08-Jan-17 14:52:51

The fact that it makes it difficult for you to get out, yes I would complain. Could you say something to them first before you do anything.

Testificateman Sun 08-Jan-17 15:26:12

If it is written into your buyers pack that there is a two car rule, then yes, put a complaint in.
If it isn't in the buyers pack then, as long as they are not parked in front of a dropped kerb and they are taxed, mot'd and insured, they can have as many as they want.
If the car belonging to an unlicensed driver, my money is on it having no road tax so should not, by law, be on the street.

Chickenagain Sun 08-Jan-17 15:43:22

Who are you going to complain to?
Do you mean there is a restrictive covenant in the deeds? If that is the case, I think you have to take them to court to have them comply, assuming the restrictive covenant is for the benefit of the estate residents.

Zeesajid1994 Sun 08-Jan-17 16:33:31

It's a housing association estate and so it's by there rules. X

YelloDraw Sun 08-Jan-17 18:37:54

Yeah just complain. There are rules.

Chickenagain Mon 09-Jan-17 18:16:20

In that case definitely complain. That is anti-social.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now