Talk

Advanced search

karcher window vac

(15 Posts)
AntiHop Sat 07-Jan-17 21:00:54

Anyone got one? I want one but dp thinks it will be a waste of money. Our windows get very wet in the winter.

Dp think ls because we've got fiddly catches that we have to use a cloth to dry behind, we might as well use the cloth for the whole window. But I think it will be quicker and easier doing the rest of the window with the window vac.

Thoughts?

Ruhrpott Sat 07-Jan-17 21:04:18

I have one and they work really well. You can also tip the water away down the sink rather than having to dry the cloth.

Ilovecaindingle Sat 07-Jan-17 21:07:26

I have one. Leaves the glass clear with no streaks. I also use it on shower doors!! I am a cleaner and it's a great bit of my kit!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jan-17 21:12:16

Yes they're great BUT we're on our third in less than 2 years. We've yet to have one get anywhere near the guarantee period of 2 years.

Last time just the base unit was replaced and customer service was poor ( first time was excellent)

When it was picked up the man said it was his job to pick up faulty ones or deliver new base units as loads go wrong. His van was full of them!

I also know 3 other people who have had issues so clearly there is a problem with them.

I'm fully expecting this one not to last more than 6 months or so and I won't bother replacing it.

LtGreggs Sat 07-Jan-17 21:12:30

They work really well - though do check that it fits within your window panes (if you have old style windows)

If you used this to get the windows clear enough, you could just skip drying the catches? We've worked out we do best with vac'ing the windows then leaving them open for 30 mins.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 07-Jan-17 21:13:30

They're great. Much better than using a cloth because you don't have to wring it out. Quicker, too.
The battery in mine went and I replaced it with a far cheaper version by Von Haus which is nearly as good and was a quarter of the price (just tends to splatter when you use it sideways).

SirChenjin Sat 07-Jan-17 21:14:17

Brilliant things - I use it on our windows and shower door, much quicker than a cloth and you just tip the dirty water down the sink. Job done.

Mum2jenny Sat 07-Jan-17 21:15:49

I have one, but I find it quicker to clean windows in a more conventional manner.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 07-Jan-17 21:16:28

this one

Whatdoiknow31 Sat 07-Jan-17 21:27:57

Love ours. When we had our conservatory built there was loads of condensation on the windows from the plaster drying out. Tried airing for a few days, but kept coming back. Bought the Karcher ready to clean the windows when they needed it and it got rid of the condensation in one hit!

Indepensible now. Use it for windows (obviously) shower doors and mirrors. Fab bit of kit

boobsaclock Sat 07-Jan-17 22:22:35

I love ours, I do the shower screens, mirrors and any photo frames with it too.

AntiHop Sun 08-Jan-17 13:50:12

Thanks all. My dp is still unconvinced despite the mainly positive posts!

ScoopyDoo Mon 09-Jan-17 15:39:03

Would you consider a dehumidifier instead? Ours stops all condensation, it's amazing, and it just sits there doing it's job without me having to worry about wiping windows every day...

TowerRingInferno Mon 09-Jan-17 19:04:37

They are fantaastic! Wouldn't be without mine. Clears condensation in seconds. Using a cloth is so much more time comsuming am deathly a PITA.

Will definitely buy another when ours dies.

AntiHop Mon 09-Jan-17 20:37:57

ScoopyDoo we have a dehumidifier but it is too noisy to run at night, and it does not have a timer so we even it if was quieter, we couldn't set it to come on a couple of hours before we wake up. Every morning the windows are covered in condensation. I was thinking of buying a dessicant dehumidifier for the bedroom, as they are apparently quieter.

Thanks all, I think I have convinced him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: