We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've fallen in love with these and I need help to NOT buy them.. (I think)

(51 Posts)
Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:28:10

Help!! I have fallen in love and it's not good. Our bathroom is being planned now and all items are being bought this month. I can't get these out of my head! What to do?...(Link below).

It's a Victorian House and will have a large shower enclosure, freestanding bath and vanity unit. Large plain porcelain tiles in the shower and behind the bath (up to shelf height 1.2m) 12×12ft room.

http://m.toppstiles.co.uk/tprod44733/botella-indian-peacock-mosaic-tile.html

Just tell me I'm out of my mind....

YoureMyWifeNowDave Sat 07-Jan-17 18:31:11

Can't help you I'm afraid as I love them too!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 07-Jan-17 18:31:22

I love them but they are stupidly expensive!

museumum Sat 07-Jan-17 18:32:07

They'd be nice in a small dose. A strip along the top of the plain tiles maybe? Are the plain ones white?

Balonder Sat 07-Jan-17 18:32:13

I really don't like them. Sorry (hth)

flumpybear Sat 07-Jan-17 18:32:45

I loved those too when I saw them however I think they may end up being something I'd grow to dislike over time
So I didn't go for them - I got black and white in the end because I'm quite boring lol!!
Think how you'll feel in a few years ... expensive to change - our last bathroom was retiled after 9 years of it being stone tiles which I loved - so they'll be there a long time

But yes I like them too grin

Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:34:08

They are stupidly expensive....and I want them. Argh!....but could live on baked beans for a while and be able to look at them every day, as they are sooo pretty. (Sigh)..

SavoyCabbage Sat 07-Jan-17 18:34:14

I didn't know you could get tiles that expensive! Not from Topps Tiles anyway. They are nice though.

fabulousathome Sat 07-Jan-17 18:34:30

They are beautiful and the colours go with lots of accessories.

I agree with Museumum. How about a waist high strip (say three lines of tiles) going around the room breaking up the others (assuming they are plain white).

Nellyphants Sat 07-Jan-17 18:34:42

I love them too & would get them.

Floggingmolly Sat 07-Jan-17 18:35:12

They're lovely. But are they really 36 quid per tile?? They're all different sizes confused

LBOCS2 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:37:47

Tesco Clubcard Vouchers treble up to Topps Tiles vouchers you know...

Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:38:22

I think they're £36 per 33cm square block. I want them from the shelf behind the bath to the top of the eaves. That is, in my head, without pricing up the whole project yet....oh crumbs nearly everyone likes them..baked beans here I come 😀

nannyj Sat 07-Jan-17 18:39:52

They look so nice in a whole wall but not sure they'd look so amazing just in a strip.

Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:40:03

Ooooooo THANK YOU LBOCS2....tescos

iMatter Sat 07-Jan-17 18:41:50

They're a bit "trying too hard" iykwim. A bit "Hoxton"

And they'll be out of date in no time.

Does that help?

JillyTheDependableBoot Sat 07-Jan-17 18:43:56

They are a bit marmite. I like them but DP would hate them. FWIW we spent an insane amount on our bathroom floor tiles and don't regret it! You could try a reverse image search and see if you can get them or similar ones cheaper elsewhere?

JillyTheDependableBoot Sat 07-Jan-17 18:45:52

Oh, also look on eBay for taps, shower screen, towel rail etc - we found some total bargains on branded stuff.

GreenRut Sat 07-Jan-17 18:46:01

I think they're gorgeous! Probably better suited to a large bathroom and i think I agree with pp, maybe just a small area of them amongst plain white tiles. But definitely get them!

Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:47:23

Ok...ouchy...I hear you 😂😂😂

If they'll date badly they might not be a good choice. This bathroom will need to stay for a long time.

Mapless Sat 07-Jan-17 18:56:10

More yeses...that's it then. I'm buying (probably). The other tiles are

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/porcelanosa-ocean-caliza-59.6-x-59.6cm-main.jpg

How about 1.2m of plain tiles to a shelf (to conceal plumbing), then a block above the shelf across the wall - 30cm ish high?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 07-Jan-17 19:08:23

Gorgeous, but do them with a dark grout.

JillyTheDependableBoot Sat 07-Jan-17 19:08:42

Similar-ish ones way cheaper here www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/iridium-iridescent-mosaic-tiles-pewter-tiles?gclid=COLwi7_dsNECFRaeGwodTzIK1A

EineKleine Sat 07-Jan-17 20:17:10

They're nice but I think I'd prefer a smaller strip.

dandeliondelilah Sat 07-Jan-17 21:11:38

I think they're lovely too .... and that you should go with what makes your heart sing.
What's the price difference between tiling the room with these and a cheaper option? Can you not make savings against something else in life e.g. go without a holiday / weekend away / designer handbag that would you otherwise have bought this year, to salve your conscience on the cost? Over a decade it will give you far more pleasure than any of the above.
Or looking at it another way, they are postively bargainous compared to some of the gorgeous Fired Earth equivalents!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now