Talk

Advanced search

Double sided woodburner

(7 Posts)
ISeeTrouble Fri 06-Jan-17 18:31:40

Does anyone have one? Our chimney breast is between the kitchen and the lounge and I'm tempted to knock through so that we have a woodburner in both by using a double sided one. However, I'm worried that noise will travel easily between the two rooms because of the open space that surrounds the burner itself. Has anyone any experience of this? I tend to listen to the radio/music when pottering in the kitchen and don't want that to affect anyone sitting in the lounge!
Thanks

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 06-Jan-17 18:38:11

you can get ones which are "fully fitted" in the hole.

If you google image search double sided woodburners the first one is like that.

I really want one when I win the lottery and have my kitchen diner extension as it'll back up against the sitting room chimney. grin

Bluntness100 Fri 06-Jan-17 18:40:35

Mine are single sided, however my local pub has a double sided one and I've been in there when it's dead quiet and never noticed any noise.

But maybe I don't understand the question, do you mean as it's not closed between the two rooms you can hear people in either room? 🙄

BeachysSnowyWellieBoots Fri 06-Jan-17 19:02:08

We've got one, fitted by previous owner, between our hall and kitchen eating area... I love it

ISeeTrouble Fri 06-Jan-17 19:27:40

Tondelaya ours will be a new kitchen extension and I'm planning to have a sofa area near the woodburner - can't wait! smile

The gap will be like this pic approx, but i'm tempted to do it regardless as I'm desperate to have one!

ISeeTrouble Fri 06-Jan-17 19:37:26

Also, thanks for the fully fitted pic Beachy, I hadn't realised they were an option but will definitely consider it.

BeachysSnowyWellieBoots Fri 06-Jan-17 20:50:08

Sorry, should have made the effort to light it for full effect, but it's not super cold here tonight smile

That's the other side.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now