Talk

Advanced search

Boiler Service

(3 Posts)
Lemansky Fri 06-Jan-17 11:34:34

We had a new boiler installed around a year ago, I think it was commissioned on the 12th.

I contacted the engineer to get a service booked in for January before Christmas and he said he's be in touch after Christmas. I emailed him this morning and got an out of office saying he'd be back on the 16th Jan.

I know our warranty will be void if we don't get it serviced yearly, but will it be void if we don't get it serviced before/on the 12th Jan - are they that strict? We've got a 10 year warranty so don't want to jeopardise that!

Many thanks for any info.

steppingout Fri 06-Jan-17 11:44:10

It might depend on your boiler (we have a Worcester), but our plumber says that they tend not to be bothered about it being serviced exactly within a year as long as it is done annually and within a reasonable amount of time from the installation date. We had ours installed in mid December and getting it serviced mid this month. Granted, I haven't checked with the boiler company but he's been perfectly trustworthy so far!

Lemansky Fri 06-Jan-17 12:00:23

Thank you, that's reassuring! I did just read through their warranty info on the Worcester website, as I don't have the paperwork to hand at the moment, and it doesn't specify anything other than annual servicing.
Hopefully it'll all be ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now