Talk

Advanced search

Nice areas outside North London! Hertfordshire

(7 Posts)
GoldenGirl85 Fri 06-Jan-17 11:08:52

Hello everyone,

Me and the OH want to move out of London. The dilemma is I'm from North London so want to move to Hertfordshire but he's from South London so wants to move to Surrey, which I'm not too keen on. So, need some great areas to show to the OH.

We have a budget of £700,000 could possibly go a little higher for the right place.

What towns in Hertfordshire and surrounding areas could we find nice detached houses with at least 5 or 4 bedrooms and a big garden also good private schools?

We both drive so don't necessarily need to be that close but would like some activity spots for adults and Children. I like St Albans and Harpenden but couldn't see any areas where the houses give enough space.

Would be nice to be within 60 minutes commute from a main London train station but will still have apartment in London for weekdays so willing to be a little further out.

Any suggestions of areas? I've done some research but really looking for personal opinions and advice!

Thanks in advance. smile

PestoFrostissimos Fri 06-Jan-17 11:16:51

Welwyn Garden City is quite nice, Hertford's ok and Ware is a bit quieter. All of those have decent train links to London.

HalleLouja Fri 06-Jan-17 11:58:56

We like Wheathampstead but will be a drive to the station. It has a nice community vibe and there are good private schools locally. Depends if you want a town or a village.

Almondmilk Fri 06-Jan-17 12:11:52

pin

elvisola Fri 06-Jan-17 12:56:52

Radlett is lovely and you have access to some really fantastic state and private schools, however your really going to be looking at 4 beds semi with your budget.

TremoloGreen Fri 06-Jan-17 22:51:11

You could definitely get a 4 bed detached in Hitchin for your budget. You might get a 5 bed but likely it would need a bit of work or be in a less desirable location. 30 min into King's Cross, excellent state schools, maybe less choice for independents.

roseteapot101 Fri 06-Jan-17 22:58:29

i live in hitchin it has some nice schools and lovely town ,good commute time as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now