Talk

Advanced search

Cost per square meter for extension?

(7 Posts)
boobsaclock Thu 05-Jan-17 19:06:06

What is the cost of extensions in your area?

We'd been looking online which seems to suggest £1.5k per square meter for a single story, but our architect has said builders our way (southeast) are charging nearer £2.5k.

Is this the same everywhere or was he exaggerating?

dandeliondelilah Thu 05-Jan-17 20:35:35

Gosh that's depressing. I was working up to £1800 (also being in SE and not wanting anything fancy) but haven't done anything beyond get excited yet. If you're right, it may not happen after all :-(

didireallysaythat Thu 05-Jan-17 20:41:09

£1500 + vat = £1800.... I can't give you our price per m^2 as the addition floor space is only 15m^2 but there's £5k of steels keeping the house up after we knocked through (SE).

boobsaclock Thu 05-Jan-17 20:43:21

Yes he said it was that PLUS VAT confused and that's just for the shell with basic plumbing and wiring, we were planning to do all the kitchen and flooring ourselves.

spydie Thu 05-Jan-17 20:55:12

We've just had quotes for ours, and they ranged from £1,250 to £2,200, not including VAT. And not including the kitchen or fitting for it, or floor covering/any decoration. We are Kent, Sevenoaks way.

namechangedtoday15 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:00:47

It depends what that includes (it seems high in any event though).

VeritysWatchTower Thu 05-Jan-17 21:30:16

I had a single storey kitchen extension almost 4 years ago. Cost me £1600psqm including VAT for basic shell, plastered and first fix. But we are in Leeds.

If I was budgeting now for it I would be looking at £1800psqm.

I just used a builder, no architect. In fact I drew the plans up and a local architect copied them for planning and building regs and charged me £400.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now