Talk

Advanced search

I can't do anything here, can I?

(3 Posts)
Goodsideof40 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:25:33

Viewed property advertised as a 'new home' with an 'Offers In Excess Of'

Put an offer in which was (eventually) accepted.

Survey came back as shocking. Really shocking, as in practically a knock-down & re-build.

not forgetting the immediate neighbour who saw us there and dragged us into her home to tell us once the air source hear pump is activated she WILL compalin to us & the Environment Agency because of the volume

Whilst in negotiations with agent about reducing our offer, we saw in RM it had been re-listed shock for sale and that the 'under offer' banner had been removed.

6 months on, the asking price is now 10% below the minimum OIEO so vendor clearly needs to get shot of it.

Now under offer again.

There's no way I can find out who the buyer is to give them a heads-up about the actual true condition is there? That the agent is lying and the property is aesthetic only?

If there was ever a case of buyer beware, this is it, isn't it? Caveat emptor, is that you say here?

LadyPenelopeCantDance Wed 04-Jan-17 20:31:16

The only thing you can do is be glad you aren't the one who is buying it! wink

It is the buyers responsibility to arrange their own independent survey so hopefully they won't get stung by not doing one. The banks valuation report may even pick up on the issues if they are that bad...

Goodsideof40 Wed 04-Jan-17 20:33:55

Thanks, Lady P - I hope so.

I feel so useless.

We're in a place now that suits us perfectly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now