Talk

Advanced search

Starting to get frustrated with buyers solicitor am I BU?

(7 Posts)
Beeswax2017 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:29:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlemissM92 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:41:14

our solicitor was the same constantly chasing her up pissed me off big time but you just have to think they are no where near as invested in a move be it by or sell as you are I don't think they need or want to rush at the end of the day they still get paid x

littlemissM92 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:42:59

our solicitor was the same constantly chasing her up pissed me off big time but you just have to think they are no where near as invested in a move be it by or sell as you are I don't think they need or want to rush at the end of the day they still get paid x only suggestion would be to change solicitor but no doubt you would still owe them
Money and not necessarily get anyone better ?

Beeswax2017 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:58:48

JaneAustinAllegro Wed 04-Jan-17 11:58:57

they may well be a licensed conveyancing shop with hundreds of transactions to get through and yours is not any kind of priority. I would get your agent to earn their commission by telling them that you are remarketing with a different agent if you haven't exchanged within [10 days / other deadline]. THis is what you pay them for.

Spickle Wed 04-Jan-17 13:37:14

The problem with an Estate Agent advising you that the buyer had signed their Contract is that they simply do not know for certain, their job is to keep the chain intact and they will often say things to keep you on side. They also don't know if the buyer also signed the Transfer. Without a signed Transfer exchange cannot happen.

Even if your buyer had signed his Contract on the Wednesday before Christmas, his solicitor would then need to prepare the file for exchange, i.e. deposit in and Transfer signed and all paperwork approved. Then they would contact your solicitors to effect the exchange, meaning you would have needed to sign both the Contract and the Transfer and returned them to your solicitor too. Most solicitors finished for the Christmas break at 12pm on Friday and were off until yesterday. If you file was not ready at the latest on the Thursday before Christmas, then no progress would have been made until they returned after the break.

Beeswax2017 Fri 06-Jan-17 20:54:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now