Talk

Advanced search

Help! Obscure plumbing / shower problem...

(5 Posts)
Stingrayspike Tue 03-Jan-17 20:23:47

The diverter valve cartridge has gone on my built in shower and a plumber has told me it can't be fixed unless I find out exactly which size replacement it needs from the manufacturer. I have got the original paperwork but the brand seems obscure and the place I brought it from haven't been helpful. Any ideas?

A real long-shot but I will be so impressed if someone can help me find a solution to this one!

Testificateman Tue 03-Jan-17 20:29:23

Instead of fixing it, Google price of replacing it. Sometimes it's better to replace, than to try and fix. And sometimes it can be cheaper to replace.

PigletJohn Wed 04-Jan-17 01:48:37

You do not mention the make. You could try www.shop.lunns.net/shower-spares-10-c.asp
They will want a photo and as much information as you can provide.

But if it is not a good brand, see if you can afford to replace it with an Aqualisa.

It is generally a hundred times easier to replace or repair a surface-mounted shower than to dig one out of the wall.

Stingrayspike Wed 04-Jan-17 09:40:58

Thank you both. The problem with replacing is that it will mean re-tiling much of the bathroom. Lunns look good so I'll try them.

321zerobaby Thu 05-Jan-17 13:59:17

What make is it?, can you contact them?
My Darryl shower was leaking, I phoned them up (although they no longer exists as Darryl), and they asked me to send some photos, which I did. They told me it was covered under a lifetime guarantee and they sent a whole replacement shower! (I had no previous knowledge of a guarantee, or any recipes etc as it's more than ten years old, but none were needed).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now