Talk

Advanced search

Changing wallpaper after 2 years.....

(11 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Tue 03-Jan-17 10:25:41

So we have one wall in our lounge wallpapered which was done just over two years ago, loved it at first and still looks smart, however, I fancy a change and have always had my eye on a completely different wallpaper and really fancy the change, but my biggest obstacle will be convincing my OH (along with the extra cost). He's quite anti-wallpaper as it is and I had to really persuade him to get this wallpapering done. I don't think he'll like the idea that I want to strip the wallpaper what we've only had for just over 2 years off and put something else up! It'll probably just re-inforce his argument that wallpaper is a bad idea - for those who change their minds! I'm willing to pay for it to be done so he can't say we haven't the money for it. I have thought about sneakily sabotaging the wallpaper that's up now and perhaps blaming one of the kids (joke, i'm not that mean) obviously its an accident, but then again, its another reason not to have wallpaper as it gets 'ruined'. Hmmm. You see thing is, and he fails to see this every time, is that i'm right with these things. I was right about this wallpaper, he didn't want any at all in the house at first, but when this got put up, he could see where I was coming from, the same in our bedroom. I've just got to convince him again.!

PigletJohn Tue 03-Jan-17 15:09:24

"I was right about this wallpaper"

...and that's why you want to rip it down?

AndShesGone Tue 03-Jan-17 17:36:43

I hesitate to suggest you weren't right if you want to change it after 2 years hmm

It's too expensive to change that frequently.

Wingedharpy Wed 04-Jan-17 00:32:25

Sometimes, what you like and what you can live with are not one and the same thing.

321zerobaby Wed 04-Jan-17 15:26:56

I would think the point of having just one wall papered, that you can change it more frequently than a whole room. One wall must be loads cheaper than all 4 walls. And quicker.

pinkmagic1 Wed 04-Jan-17 15:31:09

Learn how to do it yourself and then you can just get on with it. It's really quite therapeutic and easy when you know how.

AgathaF Wed 04-Jan-17 19:12:33

Are you one of those that has to change everything on a regular basis? That would get right on my nerves.

Palomb Wed 04-Jan-17 22:10:01

Wallpaper is generally quite old fashioned. Why don't you just paint the room and then you can change it in a couple of hours whenever you like.

TeamRick Wed 04-Jan-17 23:15:18

Can't you just put the new wallpaper up over the top of the old stuff while he's at work or something!
He might not even notice! grin

youvegottobekidding Sun 08-Jan-17 12:38:03

Well I've mentioned it to him & he's not keen as I knew he wouldn't be. I'm not one of those that needs to change everything on a regular basis no, I'm not that bad! It was just a case of 'that would look really good' but the wallpaper we have now, still looks really well & having only been up just over two years would be a pity to take it down I suppose, at least I know what I'll go for next time we re-decorate! Yes it's just the one wall anyway & im totally kack handed, can only imagine the mess I'd make if I attempted to hang wallpaper!

puffylovett Sun 08-Jan-17 23:55:36

Bloody hell, 2 years, I'd be changing it in a heartbeat grin

There again I am a serial decorator and interiors obsessed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now