Advanced search

Landlord or tenants responsibility?

(8 Posts)
HeadElf Mon 02-Jan-17 23:01:39

If a kitchen faucet is very loose and shakey, and 1 bathroom tap has also become very loose and lost pressure (become stiff and hardly any water comes out) would it be the landlords obligation to have it fixed, or the tenants who have used/worn them?

Scrumptiousbears Mon 02-Jan-17 23:02:43


user1483387154 Mon 02-Jan-17 23:03:25


DelphiniumBlue Mon 02-Jan-17 23:03:48

Landlord. It's normal wear and tear on the Landlords fixtures and fittings.

Gallavich Mon 02-Jan-17 23:04:08

Landlord obviously
Which are you?

HeadElf Mon 02-Jan-17 23:05:39

Oh good I'm the tenant. I just wasn't 100% sure. I've not rented long after previously owning and didn't want to be cheeky and ask for it to be repaired if it was my responsibility blush

Gallavich Tue 03-Jan-17 06:35:01

It's not something you broke, it's something that broke after a long period of normal use. You're paying to maintain your Landlord's investment, they aren't doing you a favour.

specialsubject Tue 03-Jan-17 09:42:59

Landlord. Wear and tear assuming you haven't been swinging on it or stuffing glue up it.

Please contact landlord for fix.

Have you read your how to rent guide?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now