Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

White composite stable door

(6 Posts)
OpheliaMoo Sun 01-Jan-17 22:04:24

Does anyone have any actual recommendations for a company that supplies and installs composite stable doors?

Looking for a back door, outward opening, large window at the top - company who can talk us through a potential purchase without the hard sell - things like ensuring security of the hinges as it's outwards opening etc

I've seen a number of companies but some offer what we want, some don't, some insist on full details being provided before quoting, others give a price but no idea if they're any good or not.

Basically, it's a minefield - so, does anyone have any actual recommendations?

Or any opinions on composite stable doors!

Many thanks!

PigletJohn Sun 01-Jan-17 22:28:41

why must it be composite?

OpheliaMoo Sun 01-Jan-17 22:41:24

Mmmm only because of the research I've done online suggests that this is better than upvc.

All my other doors and windows are upvc so I don't think traditional wood would work, plus it's a very exposed wall/door which apparently wood doesn't work well with.

Open to suggestions though

OpheliaMoo Tue 03-Jan-17 20:04:46

Does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 03-Jan-17 20:09:29

we have two stable doors, both wood, and both tops open inwards with the rest of the door. One is kitchen to porch, so not a real exterior type, but was made to measure as it's an odd height, and the porch to outside door came from here and a joiner chum of dh's fitted it.

top opening out would just be totally weird surely (aside from the hinge thing).....anyone delivering is going to get a face full of door!

OpheliaMoo Tue 03-Jan-17 21:12:26

It's a back door so no deliveries thankfully - believe it or not but in our last house our front door opened outwards!!

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now