Talk

Advanced search

K rend damp/mortar "ghosting"

(3 Posts)
Jay648 Sat 31-Dec-16 15:30:31

Hello, does anyone have any ideas about this issue? I've started a thread on another website but still needing help, here's the thread: community.screwfix.com/threads/ghosting-damp.184716/
I really need to know if this is likely to be a damp issue as my family is thinking of moving in to a house with this problem but has terrible mould allergies....we've been homeless for over a year now trying to find somewhere dry enough and really hoped this would be it.
Thanks for your help smile

MrCreosote Sat 31-Dec-16 16:25:58

Are you renting or buying? White marks on the outside is most likely to be salt. Check for any dampness inside the property. You don't normally get rising damp in new house because of the damp proof layer used whilst building.

Jay648 Sat 31-Dec-16 16:44:08

Thanks for your help, yes I'm thinking the stone part is ok, mostly concerned about the yellow render now which looks damp. We're renting,or trying to! Will definitely look Inside for damp but I'm concerned it may be inside the walls, it's timber built so if the wood gets mouldy it'll be a real health issue for us sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now