Talk

Advanced search

Buying a house, NDN extending

(3 Posts)
HedwigHooray Sat 31-Dec-16 00:21:53

It's come up in the searches that the house next door to the one were buying has had planning permission granted for a large extension. I've looked at the plans and it doesn't look like it will impact on us, it's the other side so not our boundary and no new windows on our side. I know there will be noise and mess but is there anything else I need to think about? I think it's a bit underhand of the vendors not to have mentioned it and I'm worried I've over looked something.

AgathaF Sat 31-Dec-16 06:52:36

If it's not going to impact on you directly then I don't think it's an issue at all. Any house you buy could apply for planning permission the day you move in, which may or may not impact on you but may well be granted, so I wouldn't be worrying about this one. I don't particularly think your vendors are being underhand not mentioning it either.

VeritysWatchTower Sat 31-Dec-16 07:55:50

This is the reason you have searches and to be fair to the vendors it might put some people off and so they relied on it coming up on the searches.

We have lived through neighbours extending and we have also extended ourselves. The main one for us was parking, especially when there are several trade people on site.

But just because someone got planning, doesn't mean they will do it or do it immediately. Plans change, finances change.

We applied for planning for 2 separate things but on one planning application. We did one of those things immediately, then had to save for the second so that took place 2 1/2 years later.

And yes there will noise and dust too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now